Job Specification: Public Affairs Intern
4 Nov 2022
DRD is recruiting for a Research Intern for the Public Affairs team.
DRD is a fast-growing strategic communications consultancy focused on building value for clients and protecting their reputations at moments of challenge and change.
About DRD Partnership
DRD Partnership (DRD) is a fast-growing strategic communications consultancy focused on building value for clients and protecting their reputations at moments of challenge and change. The work we do is fast-paced and varied, and joining DRD as an intern can provide a springboard into an exciting career in our field.
DRD works with industry representatives, multinational companies, governments, institutions and charities to design and implement strategic communications and public affairs programmes.
Located in Central London, we work with clients in the UK and internationally, focusing on media, government and stakeholder relations; running campaigns; building coalitions; crisis communications and reputation management; lobbying and policy analysis; risk management and litigation support.
Research intern role
DRD is recruiting for a Research Intern for the Public Affairs team, although you may be asked to work in other areas as required. You would work alongside Analysts, Associates and Partners, take part in team discussions and report to an Associate.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Media monitoring
- Stakeholder mapping
- Background research, often on highly confidential and complex issues
- Monitoring policy and industry developments
- Social media promotion and analysis
- Compiling journalist lists
- Proofing and copy-editing
- Researching, attending, reporting on industry or relevant networking events
- Supporting the public affairs offering and general marketing
Successful interns have the following core skills and experience:
- Prior experience working with the UK Government (civil service, MP offices, public affairs consultant, think tanks)
- Strong knowledge of parliamentary processes and government institutions
- Close attention to detail and ability to scrutinise sources
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience of thorough research and referencing
- Capable of extracting and prioritising relevant information
- Good time management and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
Remuneration and location
Salary: £380 a week
Location: Covent Garden. We currently all work from home on Mondays and Fridays, with Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays spent together in the office.
We are currently accepting applications with an immediate start date. The role will be for a period of three months with the potential to become full time. Intern working hours are from 9am to 6pm but there can be some flexibility in work schedules.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain why you wish to apply, why you are suitable for the role and what your availability is.
The application window will remain open until we find suitable candidates.
Interviews will be conducted initially via Microsoft Teams, with the possibility of follow-up interviews in person. Candidates will also need to complete a one-hour written test.